Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Aeroplane & Car Birthday Cupcakes

More super cute birthday cupcakes!

This time they were for a little boy's second birthday.  His mum gave me the guidelines of aeroplanes & cars & I think they turned out really great, just perfect for a 2 year old little boy.

The cake for these cupcakes was my 'Killer Chocolate' (a moist milk chocolate butter sponge) & the frosting was a smooth vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.  I coloured the frosting green to simulate grass for the cars to sit on & blue to simulate the sky for the planes to top.  Next came a good sprinkling of sugar crystals in the corresponding colours (you always need sprinkles, kids just love them).  Finally each cupcake was finished off with a custom designed hand modeled fondant topper.

For the gorgeous little planes & cars I decided to go with vibrant primary colours except that I used a navy blue instead of a more royal blue so it would still stand out amongst the blue buttercream of the "sky".

I also thought it would be nice to include a big number 2 with the birthday boy's name embossed on it.

My favourite little touch of all with these cuppies was the clouds I made for the "sky", I think they made a big difference to the overall look of the set.  Again they were fondant & I also dusted them with white lustre dust for a lovely shimmer (not that you can tell from the photo).


As a bit of an after thought I also decided that there would be enough room to add little number 2's to the top of all the planes & cars which I am glad I did.


Hope you like them!

The feedback I received from this order was great & I look forward to creating future orders for this customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails