Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Cake Cake

This cake is a little strange & rather whimsical.

As you can see it is a cake that I have actually decorated to look like cake, I know why bother you may ask but I think it is a really fun cake & I love this kind of look.


The 6" round cake (approx 10 regular serves) was layers of 'Berrylicious Bling' (white chocolate & berry mud cake) with a strawberry buttercream filling.



Firstly I covered the cake with pink marshmallow fondant before adding the the dripping chocolate ganache (which is actually modelling chocolate with a little fondant added).


I created the cream swirls, strawberries & sprinkle all out of fondant as well.



& finally for the finishing touch I made a funky little candle out of fondant, my favourite bit I think, I love the flame!


Make a wish!

7 comments:

  1. how adorable!! i love every aspect of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh... I love this. I think it looks adorable. I wanna make it myself. yours came out spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i was your next door neighbour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I adore the whimsical look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my first visit to your blog and I love your work! So pretty! Congrats. "Brava" from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And this is why you are on my favorite blog list, you produce the cutest stinking cakes!!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thanks so much everyone, & hi to any new visitors.

    I have too say I thought this one was pretty cute too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails