Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Puppy Teddy Birthday Cake

This was such an adorable cake to make, I just love it. It is quite simple in design but still has a great impact.

It was a birthday cake for a young man who was turning 2 & who I was told is completely in love with his stuffed toy puppy which is what lead to me creating this design.


This 2 tiered cake was an 8" round for the bottom tier & a 6" round for the top tier (approx 35 regular serves) both were 'Creamy Caramel' a moist dence caramel mud cake for both tiers.  Each tier had 3 layers & caramel Swiss meringue buttercream filling was between each of the layers.  The whole cake was then smothered in rich dark chocolate ganache before the final covering of white marshmallow fondant.


Here you can see the how I created a "stitched" look on the happy birthday message to appear as if it were material in order to tie-in with the stuffed puppy theme.  I also modeled these sweet little fondant buttons & placed them at the beginning & end of each word to further enhance the look.

Both the puppy & number two I made using fondant of course. I hope you can see the puppy's "stitch" marks down this legs, he also had them down his back & tail.

I thought it would be a lovely idea to have the puppy staring at the number 2 which I think worked very well & looks really cute.

I used ribbon for the borders this time as this was a more clean & elegant cake design.

3 comments:

  1. Your creations are amazing!I love your attention to detail and how wonderfully made your cakes are.I came across your blog from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love your cakes. You do such a great job with the figure molding and I really like the look of your quilted letters! Keep up the great work!!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Jenniffer & for the nice comments, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails