Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Custom Valentine's Day Cupcakes

I had the privilege of making a very special cupcake gift box for a lovely young lady to give to her other half this Valentine's Day.

She contacted me saying that she knew it was a bit of a strange request but could I possibly make some windmills for on top of cupcakes as they shared a private joke about them so I said I was sure I would be able to come up with something.  I also asked if she would like to have "I love you" on a couple of the cupcakes & she said yes but wondered if it could read "I blah you" instead (another inside joke) so this was the end result.


They were 'Midnight Delight' (dark chocolate mud cake) cupcakes with a rich chocolate buttercream made with chocolate ganache.  All the toppers were edible & made from marshmallow fondant.

For the windmills & the "I blah you" I used large heart shapes that I embossed with a floral design & then finished with a light dusting of lustre dust.


For the remaining 2 cupcakes I made different size smaller hearts in shades of red & pink in the same way as the large ones (embossed & lustred) & also made some various size sugar pearls.



It was lovely to do this order, I just love it when you get to make something really personalised & special to the recipient.

She thought they were awesome & I was happy to receive an email saying that they "tasted delicious!!" & that her boyfriend "thought they were great".  This customer is now having some more cupcakes made for her upcoming birthday.

2 comments:

  1. This is funny...because when my husband is over the top irritating ...and is on a rant upon rant about nothing...I just say: 'blah blah blah blah blah.' Now, everytime I try to say somethig to him he says:' blah blah blah blah blah. Of course I know what he is attempting to do so I reply: 'That's nice.'

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails