Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Number One Birthday Cake

This was of one of my number birthday cakes for a child's 1st birthday.

It was a 'Blondie' (vanilla butter cake) covered with chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream frosting which has a very silky mouth feel compared to standard buttercream, then finished with homemade marshmallow fondant.

I always use homemade marshmallow fondant for all my cakes & cupcake toppers as it tastes far superior to regular fondant & it is important to me for my cakes to taste as good as they look!


It was a simple but effective age number design utilising bright primary colours & dramatic shapes.


Also included were some 3D fondant baby blocks with the child’s name on to really personalise the cake.

1 comment:

  1. The cake is very vibrant the colours just right and perfect for a very young child. I will email for more details re all your products.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails