Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Teletubbies Birthday Cake

This was another really fun character cake to make, although they are very time consuming I think they are certainly worth the effort. The Teletubbies were the child's favourite at the time so what could be better than a Teletubbies cake.


I had to watch quite a few episodes of the Teletubbies to make sure I was getting this cake as accurate as possible so as not to disappoint the birthday boy & lets just say I wouldn't mind if I never watched the Telebubbies ever again! All joking aside though I was very pleased with the outcome as was the birthday boy which is what it is all about.

The cake was 'Rainbow Tie Dye' (multi coloured vanilla butter cake) which is a lot of fun & the kids really seem to love all the bright colours when the cake is cut into. It was layered with & coated in a butterscotch flavored buttercream before being covered with the marshmallow fondant.

The tiny sugarpaste flowers have lemon flavoured royal Icing centres. Boy were there a lot of flowers to do!

Tinky Winky!

La La!

Po!
I gave each of the Telebubbies their own individual pose.

Noo Noo!
My personal favourite, I used edible black pen for the really fine detail as he was pretty small.

4 comments:

  1. Your attention to detail is incredible - Cesca!!!
    It's really funny - You know Poh out of Masterchef?
    We as a family couldn't resist the tellitubbies theme when she was on!

    Hugs xx Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with the quality of the decorating of all your products but especially the birthday character cakes. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoozNooz - Thank you again for you lovely complement. Funny I had never heard of anyone else called Poh until Masterchef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC everything looks beautiful. My kids love the animated birthday cakes . good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails